[Freeipa-users] Stock with a Master in read-only mode

Davis Goodman davis.goodman at digital-district.ca
Mon May 26 17:17:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/25/2014 09:44 PM, Davis Goodman wrote:
> > On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
> wrote:

> >> my 2

> keeping
> >> my

> >> other. (

> >> of the

> bunch
> >> of

> >> decided to

> host`s

> >> ,cn=masters,cn=ipa,cn=etc,dc=domain,dc=int

> the
> >> backup
> >> mode it

> >> middle of an
> in
> >> read only

> >> operation.

> and

> >> cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr
> >> cn=ipa-cifs-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistr

> >> replicas, the
> >>
> >> Ok, I think I misguided you with the second DN, the real DN should be
> >>
> "cn=ipa-ldap-delegation-targets,cn=s4u2proxy,cn=etc,dc=ddistrict,dc=int",
> >> see
> >> /usr/share/ipa/replica-s4u2proxy.ldif for the LDIF that is being loaded.
> >>
> >> The key here is to check the error message of ldapmodify that was run on
> >> the
> >> failing replica, try to search in /var/log/ipareplica-install.log.
> >>
> >> Martin
> >>

> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Finally got back on this problem.
> >
> > I seem to have a huge mess in my replication agreements between my
> servers.
> > if I run the "ipa-replica-manage list-ruv on my master which is
> > freeipa01.prs,
> >
> > I get this:
> > [root at freeipa01 ~]# ipa-replica-manage list-ruv
> > freeipa01.prs.ddistrict.int:389: 4
> > freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 16
> > freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 13
> > freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 12
> > freeipa01.bxl.ddistrict.int:389: 10
> > freeipa01.chr.ddistrict.int:389: 8
> > freeipa01.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 6
> > freeipa02.prs.ddistrict.int:389: 3
> > freeipa01.chr.ddistrict.int:389: 9
> > freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 17
> > freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 7
> > freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 11
> > freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 14
> > freeipa02.mtl.ddistrict.int:389: 15
> > [root at freeipa01 ~]#
> >

> > I've tried to do the ipa-replica-manage clean-ruv on all ID's relating to
> > freeipa02.mtl which is the one I'm having the most problems with and
> would
> > like to start from scratch.
> >
> > running the ipa-replica-manage list-clean-ruv gives me this:
> >
> > [root at freeipa01 slapd-DDISTRICT-INT]# ipa-replica-manage list-clean-ruv
> > CLEANALLRUV tasks
> > RID 11: Not all replicas online, retrying in 160 seconds...
> > RID 17: Not all replicas online, retrying in 640 seconds...
> [...]

Hi Martin,

I finally after a couple of hours managed to re-instate replication through
all my replica. It's all working fine.

Thanks for the insights.

I just have one little orphaned user which has only the private group left
behind.

I'm not sure, since I'm still a newbie with ldapmodify/ldapdelete, how to
get rid of those 2 entries:

[root at freeipa01 ~]# ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b
cn=jdubreux,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

dn: cn=jdubreux,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

ipaUniqueID: ac27027c-84da-11e3-a4c4-c21e595ecd39

mepManagedBy: uid=jdubreux,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

cn: jdubreux

objectClass: posixgroup

objectClass: ipaobject

objectClass: mepManagedEntry

objectClass: top

gidNumber: 871000045

[root at freeipa01 ~]# ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b
cn=jdubreux,cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

dn: cn=jdubreux,cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=ddistrict,dc=int

objectClass: posixGroup

objectClass: top

gidNumber: 871000045

cn: jdubreux