[Freeipa-users] Trust services

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sat May 31 00:34:32 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 08:23 PM, tizo wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com
> <mailto:dpal at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 05/30/2014 05:00 PM, tizo wrote:
>>
>>         From: Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy redhat com>
>>         To: Sumit Bose <sbose redhat com>
>>         Cc: freeipa-users redhat com
>>         Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Trust services
>>         Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 02:47:38 -0400 (EDT)

How do you plan to configure it? How can it be configured?
I assume we are talking about Zimbra web interface, right?

If Zimbra natively supports Kerberos then I would
1) Make Zimbra host system a member of the IPA domain
2) Make Zimbra a Kerberos service in IPA domain
3) Configure mod_auth_kerb or equivalent capbility for Zimbra to accept
Kerberos tickets
4) Configure Zimbra to get account information from IPA compat tree -
this way AD and IPA users will be available to it via LDAP
5) In case there is no ticket Zimbra would prompt user for user name and
password and bind against IPA compat tree thus allowing authentication
for IPA and trusted users.

In future when the world is old and wise I hope something like this [1]
would be possible with Zimbra too.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication

--
Thank you,