[Freeipa-users] dns stops working after upgrade

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:27:10 UTC 2014

Hello again,

I've managed to integrate my katello configuration with freeipa.
Now I not only use freeipa authentication in katello but also when a host
is defined in katello it automagically gets created in the freeipa realm ,
certs, otp,dns all working great.

however, to obtain all this integration greatness I had to downgrade my
freeipa to 3.3.5 again (revert snapshot) because the katello realm
integration tool (foreman-prepare-realm) is not capable of dealing with 4.X
versions of freeipa.

And now the named-pkcs11 again does not see my internal zones.

This page
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/wiki/BIND9/NamedCannotStart thinks
I should contact the freeipa-users list
The command 'ipa-ldap-updater
/usr/share/ipa/updates/55-pbacmemberof.update' didn't fix it.
and the command 'ipa-ldap-updater' didn't fix it either.

So I am now stuck at freeipa 3.3.5 again (with a working katello
integration, so I got some mixed emotions about it)
Any ideas anyone ?
Rob