[Freeipa-users] Question about oVirt

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 18:27:53 UTC 2014

Hello Jim,

I am re-posting your question to the FreeIPA list as it belongs there.

Here is the copy of the original question.

Subject:
[ovirt-users] templates and freeipa
From:
Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>
Date:
10/31/2014 02:55 PM

To:
"users at ovirt.org" <users at ovirt.org>

Ovirt 3.5 is running well for me and I have freeIPA controlling access
to the user portal. I would like to provide templates of various linux
setups that all have freeipa for user authentication in the VM for my
developers to be able to create a new VM from and then log in using
their freeIPA access and sudo control. I'm wanting to group developers
by project and use freeIPA to set sudo commands as needed (group A get
oracle, group B get postgresql, etc). Wanting to maximize developer
ability while minimizing my clean up time :-) They will be able to
delete VMs they create.

It's possible to do a kickstart deploy with freeIPA registration but a
template from that will be a problem as it will have the same keys for
all VMs.

Is there a post-creation scripting process I can attach to in ovirt or
should I look at a default root user  and script that personalizes the
new VM?

James P. Kinney III
////
////Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What
you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on
his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
////
http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/