[Freeipa-users] unable to sudo

Craig White CWhite at skytouchtechnology.com
Wed Nov 5 22:05:07 UTC 2014

First 10 ipa clients I set up - no problem.

Set up 2 more, perhaps this is a problem with the fact that these 2 hosts were on a totally new VLAN and the firewall rules weren't correct when I set them up.

Been through the part on sudo here...
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting

nisdomainname is correct on the machines and also in /etc/sysconfig/network

had to add 'sudo' to
[sssd]
services = nss, sudo, pam, ssh
and restarted sssd though I don't know why it wasn't added automatically

checked nsswitch.conf and netgroup is set to 'files sss'

getent netgroup hgroup1
returns nothing on machines where sudo works and doesn't work - can't tell the difference.

Added 'sudoers_debug 2' to /etc/sudo_ldap.conf but don't know where that logs

And finally, on a machine where ipa users cannot sudo...
# sudo -l
Matching Defaults entries for root on this host:
    requiretty, !visiblepw, always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="COLORS DISPLAY HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC KDEDIR LS_COLORS",
    env_keep+="MAIL PS1 PS2 QTDIR USERNAME LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE", env_keep+="LC_COLLATE LC_IDENTIFICATION LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES",
    env_keep+="LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER LC_TELEPHONE", env_keep+="LC_TIME LC_ALL LANGUAGE LINGUAS _XKB_CHARSET XAUTHORITY",
    secure_path=/sbin\:/bin\:/usr/sbin\:/usr/bin

User root may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL

$ sudo -l
[sudo] password for craig.white:
Sorry, user craig.white may not run sudo on 599330-stash001.

Craig White
System Administrator
O 623-201-8179   M 602-377-9752

[cid:image001.png at 01CF86FE.42D51630]

SkyTouch Technology     4225 E. Windrose Dr.     Phoenix, AZ 85032