[Freeipa-users] Apache WebDav file sharing permission problem

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 13:38:13 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 12:14 AM, Thomas Lau wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am successfully letting Apache auth against FreeIPA, but whatever
> folder/files being created on WebDav server would be using Apache user
> and group instead of login user/group, does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Kerberos + LDAP config:
>
> http://pastebin.com/zpP3TEst
>
> --
> Thomas Lau
> Director of Infrastructure
> Tetrion Capital Limited
>
> Direct: +852-3976-8903
> Mobile: +852-9323-9670
> Address: 20/F, IFC 1, Central district, Hong Kong

Can you please give a bit more context and architecture? Are you
building you own WebDav server or using an existing implementation?
Which one?
Not being familiar with the internals of WebDav I would assume that
impersonation would be a function of your WebDav server. However AFAIU
it would need to use something like oddjob to create files and
directories on the file system to make them be owned by the users.

Also this might give you some hints on how we recommend to hook web
applications into IPA.
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Web_App_Authentication

--
Thank you,