[Freeipa-users] trouble with ldap authentication for a Cisco UCS 5108

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 13:44:41 UTC 2014

On 11/10/2014 06:42 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 07:46 AM, Les Stott wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a FreeIPA environment with standard rhel6 package sets.
>>
>> Everything is working well.
>>
>> I would like to get our Cisco UCS 5108 authenticating via ldap with TLS using ldap group based checks. The ucs manager runs the latest 2.2(3a)
>>
>> Currently I have it authenticating via radius (which auth's to the ldap server in freeipa), but the radius setup doesn't allow for more fine grained group access controls.
>>
>> I've tried may things to get ldap to work, but failing miserably. According to the doc's it should be fairly straight forward (I wish it was!).
>>
>> Has anyone got a Cisco UCS device to be able to authenticate successfully using LDAP over TLS with FreeIPA?
>>
>> I'd appreciate any feedback so I know whether it is actually possible or not.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
> Hello Les,
>
> I think you will need to better describe what exactly is not working for you,
> what you mean by fine grained control and provide the related logs or errors of
> what is not working, if available.
>
> Otherwise it will be difficult to advise, for people not intimately familiar
> with Cisco UCS device.
>
> Martin

Les,

Are you looking for something like this [1] for but for FreeIPA?
What steps worked and what did not?

[1]
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/sample_configurations/UCSM_1_4_LDAP_with_AD/b_Sample_Configuration_LDAP_with_AD/b_Sample_Configuration_LDAP_with_AD_chapter_010.html#task_C46167F394AA4704A294E437C08BABC5

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio