[Freeipa-users] how to overcome same serial number in cert issue on different master servers?

Les Stott Less at imagine-sw.com
Tue Nov 11 02:11:55 UTC 2014

Thanks for the quick reply.

In this case the common name is different between both environments. In prod the master was serverA, in DR the master was serverB. It just happened that way. So having a different CommonName doesn't help.

I'll look into the dogtag random certificate serial number generation.

Does anyone know of a correct way to re-issue the cert's for each master with a random serial number?

Thanks,

Les