[Freeipa-users] user can't run crons after setting rhel 5 servers as ipa client

Justean justeank at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 19:17:49 UTC 2014

Our Redhat 5.10 servers that were moved into our IPA domain cannot run any IPA user's crons we can't even list the crons:
 crontab -l "you (username) are not allowed to access to (crontab) becauseof pam configuration"

I don't know if I should be manually editing the /etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac and/or /etc/pam.d/crond to get this working and if so what I should put for the config.

The client version is ipa-client-2.1.3-7.el5.x86_64 and the server version is ipa-server-3.0.0-42.el6.x86_64