[Freeipa-users] user can't run crons after setting rhel 5 servers as ipa client

Justean justeank at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 20:37:07 UTC 2014

I have one other possibly related question though. I also get access denied errors in the logs for local service accounts running crons or other services on my IPA client servers:

pam_sss(crond:account):Access denied for user username: 10 (User not known to the underlying authentication module)

pam_sss(sshd:account): Access denied for user username: 10 (User not known to the underlying authentication module)
su: pam_sss(su-l:account): Access denied for user username: 10 (User not known to the underlying authentication module)

These crons still run but errors fill the logs. SInce I can't add an external user to an HBAC rule I am not sure how to rectify