[Freeipa-users] Integrating with NIS Domains and Netgroups

Zhong Qiang xiaoqiang3243 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 07:13:56 UTC 2014

hi,
    I have some hosts installed centos4.8/6.5/5.9,and want to centralize
identity/policy/authorization.but ipa client isn't compatible with
centos4.8,so I try to configure FreeIPA integrated with NIS Domains.
     IPAserver:centos7 (+DNS)
     nisclient:centos4.8
      ipaclient:centos6.6

     I followed the instructions of this page:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/nis.html,to
add netgroup(nis_test) and users(zhongq).then configured nis client
installed centos4.8.on the nis client, I could get  users data ,look like
that:

[root at nisclient ~]# getent passwd zhongq
zhongq:*:724800001:724800001:强 é:/home/zhongq:/bin/sh

However,I do not succeed to log into nisclient with zhongq account.
Any ideas?

Regards,
zhongq