[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA4 OTP vs PAM

Michael Lasevich mlasevich at lasevich.net
Sat Nov 22 21:14:52 UTC 2014

Reviving this as I am still stuck with CentOS 6.

CentOS 6.6 now has sssd 1.11 - yet I still cannot get the OTP to work under
PAM:

I created a test user and added an otp. User works fine without the OTP,
however I keep getting this when trying to test  with OTP via pamtester:

pamtester: pam_sss(login:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0
euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost= user=michael
pamtester: pam_sss(login:auth): received for user michael: 17 (Failure
setting user credentials)

Is there a way to get more information as to what is going on?

Is my expectation that I would provide otp in a form of "password123456"
correct (assuming my password is "password" and otp token is "123456")?