[Freeipa-users] Add extra infofield to user

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 18:33:50 UTC 2014

On 11/24/2014 01:27 PM, Matt . wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to make sure I have a primary one which is mail, the other ones
> should not matter, but I think it's wiser to have it like I know what
> is where.
>
> The reason why I need to is because I'm using Kolab which needs at
> least a primary mail attribute.

The point is that you can have the primary one in one attribute and then
the rest in a different multi value attribute.
If for example you use the primary mail as uid and aliases as mail then
you can solve the problem. But that means your logn names will be mails.
This might be fine might not. May be you use some other attribute to
store primary mail.
Here is the pointer on how to do it:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/HowTo/Add_a_new_attribute