[Freeipa-users] sssd.conf question

Craig White CWhite at skytouchtechnology.com
Mon Nov 24 19:57:01 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:freeipa-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jakub Hrozek
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 12:44 PM
To: freeipa-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] sssd.conf question

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 07:27:50PM +0000, Craig White wrote:
> Starting to look at managing IPA requisites from Puppet - especially because I have seen SSSD silently quit.

Are there any errors in either the sssd logs or the syslog?
----
Haven't checked yet - it's only happened a few times. One of the things that I can accomplish with puppet is to ensure the SSSD service is running (restarted if it quits).
----

> So if I manage /etc/sssd/sssd.conf file with puppet, I have 2 IPA servers (with what appears to be a fully functioning MMR), 01 and 02.  Can I arbitrarily change the 'ipa_server' listed in sssd.conf?  Restart SSSD if I touch the file with puppet?  Anything else I should know?

You can do that, but why switch the order? Isn't it better to let SSSD autodiscover the serves with SRV records?
----
Sure but it seems that a specific entry is auto-created on each of the machines joined to IPA like this one-line clip from sssd.conf

ipa_server = _srv_, ipa01.stt.local

Should I just have _srv_ and not any specific ipa servers listed there?

Thanks

Craig