[Freeipa-users] Centos5 - freeipa - AD trust

Nicolas Zin nicolas.zin at savoirfairelinux.com
Tue Nov 25 21:29:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

I successfully create a trust relationship between a freeipa 3.3 realm (on Centos 7) and a windows 2008 AD.
Now I add some machine clients to my IPA realm, and try to connect to them with my AD credential:
- connecting to the 2 freeipa server: no problem
- connecting to a Centos6 machine: no problem
- connecting to a Centos5 machine: fail

to say it differently:
- when connecting to the Centos5 with a Freeipa Realm user it works
- when connecting to the Centos5 with a AD Realm user, it fails

I just want a confirmation: it fails because centos5 is packaged with sssd < 1.9 and do not support cross realm? (and indeed, it cannot works)
or is it possible to make it working? and my error is somewhere else?

Regards,

Nicolas Zin
nicolas.zin at savoirfairelinux.com
Ligne directe: 514-276-5468 poste 135