[Freeipa-users] Freeipa Blocking Sites?

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 16:18:25 UTC 2014

On 11/26/2014 01:36 AM, Rolf Nufable wrote:
> Actually the problem was that I was accessing our site from outside
> our network now, our domain in the  network locally is named
> example.com, and the outside website is also at the domain example.com
> so I guess what freeipa does is it looks for the website inside our
> local network..

I looks for a name and DNS resolves it. So if DNS resolved to the
internal one then the internal will be used. If there is a route to the
external and DNS returned is then it will be external. It is really not
IPA's capability we are talking about here.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio