[Freeipa-users] Multiple organizations on one server

Roman Naumenko roman at naumenko.ca
Mon Nov 3 12:20:46 UTC 2014

Roman Naumenko said the following, on 02-11-14, 22:20:
> Hi,
>
> Similar question was asked already, " Limiting group/user visibility"
> at
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2011-November/msg00277.html
> but other than this I couldn't find any clues if that's possible.
>
> If I was to manage separate organizations with own users, computers
> and other entries in one ipa server - would such scenario be possible?
I found relevant information, at least about directory structure, in red
hat directory server docs:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Configuring_Directory_Databases.html#Configuring_Directory_Databases-Creating_and_Maintaining_Suffixes

Since RH package is based on 389 directory server, which is part of
freeipa - I wonder if its possible to maintain independent root suffixes?

--Roman