[Freeipa-users] named and IpA

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 06:22:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 05:05:10PM +0000, Licause, Al (CSC AMS BCS - UNIX/Linux Network Support) wrote:

> >From the IdM server we can only lookup local records.  The name resolver will not
> attempt to look to another other name servers or domains defined in /etc/resolv.conf

What exactly is in your /etc/resolv.conf? Just the IP address of the IPA
server (localhost), or some other records?

> If I shutdown IdM using ipactl stop and then restart named, the name resolver works
> for local and remote hosts, addresses and domains as well as serving up the SRV records
> defined on the local host.

So if all IdM services are running, you do not seem to have named
observing forwarders settings but if you only run named on the IdM
machine and nothing else, it starts to observe them?

Can you show dig output for one of the problematic records to see which
DNS server is answering the query?

--
Jan Pazdziora
Principal Software Engineer, Identity Management Engineering, Red Hat