[Freeipa-users] Enrolling with multiple IPA servers

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:11:49 UTC 2014

On 6 October 2014 14:43, Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com> wrote:
> If you have some masters that are accessible by these isolated nodes,
> enroll isolated nodes against these masters. Nobody prevents you to
> select your deployment strategy and manipulate configuration files
> afterwards. Purpleidea's puppet module even allows you to define IPA
> masters' topology right in puppet scripts, if puppet is in use.

To elaborate on this, you can specify an algorithm to define the
"shape" of the cluster. There are two built-in POC algorithms
provided, but more will be accepted.

"Shape" means how do I algorithmically define who is neighbours with who.

The two provided are "flat" and "ring":
[1] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-ipa/blob/master/DOCUMENTATION.md#topology
[2] https://github.com/purpleidea/puppet-ipa/tree/master/lib/puppet/parser/functions

HTH