[Freeipa-users] Error: invalid 'AD domain controller' when establishing trust

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 15:48:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014, Genadi Postrilko wrote:
>The forest root domain in my case is RED.COM.
You need to establish trust to red.com then. Any domain which is member
of the forest red.com will be visible through trust.

Forest trust can only be established between forest root domains, that's
how it is designed by Microsoft.

>I have attached the log files.
These logs show you are attempting to establish trust to blue.com which
is not a forest root domain, thus nothing works.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy