[Freeipa-users] Migration from FreeIPA-Windows to FreeIPA-samba4

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 22:12:59 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 04:38 PM, Carlos Raúl Laguna wrote:
> Hello to everyone, for some time now i have been pretty much stalking
> the samba project site, looking forward to forest trust  and it seem
> that they introduced new functions to support trust domains
> https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/rc/WHATSNEW-4.2.0rc1.txt i guess
> i an future will be possible.

Yes in future.

> Anyway, i am about to do a FreeIPA-Windows deployment and i was
> wondering if it will be possible in a future migrate from windows to
> samba?

Yes. This is the intent. At least to be able to replace AD with Samba DC
in some cases. I am not sure how smooth the "migration" part will be.

> And also, which version of FreeIPA is most ready for deployment ?

Now?
In which distro?

In RHEL please use what is in 7.0.
If you use Fedora then at least 4.0. You might want to wait couple weeks
and use 4.1 when it gets released.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal