[Freeipa-users] Error: invalid 'AD domain controller' when establishing trust

Genadi Postrilko genadipost at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 23:07:47 UTC 2014

Thank you for providing the reference.
I understood that when creating a forest trust between two AD forests,
the trust is transitive to all domains in both forests (by default). And it
has
to be established between the two forest root domain.

External trust (between AD forests or domains), is non transitive.
Trust can be established between (child) domains in different forests,
without the need to
create trust between child domains and the forest root domain of
the opposite forest.

But i'm not sure about Realm Trust.
Realm Trust considered as a kind of forest trust? And that why the trust
has
to be established between the forest root domains (and not like external
trust) ?

Assuming i follow the IPA Trust setup guide-
The trust created between red.com (AD forest root domain) and linux.blue.com
(IPA domain)
is configured to be transitive? Users from blue.com domain will able to
login to IPA domain?
And so are users from other child and root domains in the forest?