[Freeipa-users] No result when trying to integrate a FreeBSD client with the FreeIPA server

Orkhan Gasimov orkhan-azeri at mail.ru
Tue Oct 14 19:40:01 UTC 2014

Ok, friends, you helped me to understand one thing. My test scenario with 2 VMs and no DNS server introduces problems with DNS resolution, which seems to be almost necessary. So now I have 2 tasks:
1) properly configure IPA server to work with DNS;
2) make a FreeBSD host (which is a "non-native" client for FreeIPA) join an IPA domain.
As problems of the first task can be errantly considered to be problems of the second task, I'll change my approach. First I'll try to set up a Fedora FreeIPA server with DNS and add a "native" Fedora FreeIPA client to it. (I guess a Fedora client:
1) should be easier to set up;
2) is guaranteed to work if configured properly.)
Then I'll try to add a FreeBSD client to my working setup and see if the post at FreeBSD forums leads to a working solution. I'll share the results with you, however it may take some time before I set up a working Fedora IPA server - Fedora IPA client setup. If you have any links to proved-to-work tutorials (either in text or video format), please share.

Отправлено от Blue Mail

На 23:47, 14.10.2014, в 23:47, Petr Spacek <pspacek at redhat.com> написал:п>On 14.10.2014 15:06, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Orkhan Gasimov wrote:
>>> So which way do I go?
>>> 1) Change the server VM`s hostname from "ipa1.eurosel.az" to
>>> "ipa1.ipa.eurosel.az" prior to issuing IPA installation command