[Freeipa-users] No result when trying to integrate a FreeBSD client with the FreeIPA server

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:03:49 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Lukas Slebodnik <lslebodn at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On (22/10/14 17:10), Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> >Further to my earlier email, I have written a blog post about all
> >these matters, with a particular focus on the custom package repo.
> >
> >I will update it tomorrow with a bit more about the package
> >"flavours" topic.  For now, all the details for enabling and using
> >the custom repo are in the post.  Check it out and let me know if
> >you spot any issues.
> >

> http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/10/configuring-freebsd-as-a-freeipa-client/
> >
> The disadvantage of this approach is that users need to rely on updating
> of non standard repo. https://frase.id.au/pkg/${ABI}_FreeIPA
>
> In my opinion, it's better to write howto (script) which will configure all
> necessary ports/files and portmaster will take care of updating ports.
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html#portmaster
>
> LS

As an avid BSD user, with FreeIPA cloud deployed, ill fire up some FreeBSD
VMs and see if i can get a running system,
using the thread here, and the doc thats been written to "sanity" check
things and possibly help out with the packaging
if I can. I only need to consider, that I run Launchd on my FreeBSD
systems, so ill need to go deeper, with modified start
scripts. Ill do a few rc based stock installs of 10.1 .... See how we go.