[Freeipa-users] getent passwd / group [SOLVED]

Craig White CWhite at skytouchtechnology.com
Wed Oct 29 18:40:37 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Crittenden [mailto:rcritten at redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:34 PM
To: Craig White; dpal at redhat.com; freeipa-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] getent passwd / group [SOLVED]

Craig White wrote:
> [...]

Ok, and to be clear if it crashes again Rich needs to get a stacktrace.
Logs won't be enough.

rob
----
OK - just after I left work last night - IPA crashed.

Oct 28 17:17:11 ipa001 kernel: ns-slapd[1219]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f86cd04e572 sp 00007f86a2bf7f10 error 4 in libslapd.so.0.0.0[7f86cd009000+fd000]

Required a 'service ipa restart' to get up and running again  ;-(

Now Rich directed me to the 'debugging crashes' section which would have me installing debuginfo for 389.

I can't find it...
# yum search 389-ds-base-debuginfo
Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
rackspace-rhel-x86_64-server-6-common                                                                      |  871 B     00:00
rackspace-rhel-x86_64-server-6-ius                                                                         |  871 B     00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-6                                                                                       | 1.5 kB     00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6                                                                              | 1.5 kB     00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-supplementary-6                                                                         | 1.5 kB     00:00
rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-server-6                                                                             | 1.3 kB     00:00
epel/pkgtags                                                                                               | 1.3 MB     00:00
Warning: No matches found for: 389-ds-base-debuginfo
No Matches found

Which sort of makes sense in that we are forced to use Rackspace mirrors and can't use any public repos.

I can probably get around it by separately downloading to my desktop, using SCP to transfer the packages over and installing but that is quite a hassle.

Do I have any other options?  Is the only debuginfo package I need the 389-ds-base?