[Freeipa-users] Errors upgrading 4.0.1 to 4.1

Michael Lasevich mlasevich at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:34:46 UTC 2014

Thank you!!! That was exactly it.

* Removed the "nsEncryptionConfig" entry from 99user.ldif
* Re-run the "ipa-ldap-update --upgrade"
* Then "ipa-dns-install" and things are looking much better - both
servers are now back up and running.

What is the lesson here (besides "have good backups")?

Should we be turning off ALL servers before upgrading to prevent
replication? I did notice that the 99user entry was made it to BOTH
servers, which makes me think that replication is not exactly the culprit.

-M