[Freeipa-users] Client not installing

Hatim Diab timdiab at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:36:11 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have a new installation of freeipa

ipa-server-3.0.0-37.el6.x86_64
on CentOS 6.5

one of my clients stopped authentication last night, I performed a ipa-client-install —uninstall from the client then on trying to delete the the host

# ipa host-del client.x.y.z
ipa: ERROR: Certificate format error: [Errno -5925] error (-5925) unknown

/var/log/krb5kdc.log
Oct 02 10:27:07 <server> krb5kdc[30623](info): ... CONSTRAINED-DELEGATION s4u-client=admin@<realm>

trying to add back the client
[root at client ~]# ipa-client-install --domain=<doamin> --server=<server>
Autodiscovery of servers for failover cannot work with this configuration.
If you proceed with the installation, services will be configured to always access the discovered server for all operations and will not fail over to other servers in case of failure.
Proceed with fixed values and no DNS discovery? [no]: yes
Hostname: <server>
Realm: <realm>
DNS Domain: <domain>
IPA Server: <server>
BaseDN: dc=<baseDN>

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]: yes
User authorized to enroll computers: admin
Synchronizing time with KDC...
Password for admin@<realm>:
Successfully retrieved CA cert