[Freeipa-users] mastercrl.bin very old

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:39:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo.asenjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>>>
>>> on 28 June 2013 I patched the kdc01:
>>>
>>> Jun 28 23:17:30 Updated: ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.i686
>>>
>>> and the kdc02  a few days later:
>>>
>>> Jul 02 15:21:51 Updated: ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4.i686
>>>
>>> So that explains the dates, but why dit it stop the publication of crls?
>>>

>> I'd suggest looking in /var/log/ipaupgrade.log for those dates to see
>> what happened.
>>
>> I'm guessing that both were deemed to not be the CRL generator so
>> generation was stopped on both.
>>
>> See http://www.freeipa.org/page/CVE-2012-4546 step 2 for how to enable
>> one of the masters to do the CRL generation.
>
> I was just looking at that article and wondering if that would not be
> the culprit.
>
> I will post and update later.

ok, so I added on the CRL generator (kdc01) this to CS.cfg :

ca.listenToCloneModifications=true

and rebooted

and on the kdc02 (the second replica, not holding the CRL generator) I
removed the comment on the rewrite rule, restarted apache2 and now
when getting /ipa/crl/MasterCRL.bin clients get redirected to
https://kdc01.domain.tld/ca/ee/ca/getCRL?op=getCRL&crlIssuingPoint=MasterCRL

And this crl is up to date

$ openssl crl -inform DER -in Downloads/MasterCRL.crl -noout  -lastupdate
lastUpdate=Oct 13 19:00:00 2014 GMT

$ openssl crl -inform DER -in Downloads/MasterCRL.crl -noout  -nextupdate
nextUpdate=Oct 13 23:00:00 2014 GMT

But if I get it from the crl generator using /ipa/crl/MasterCRL.bin I
still get the old crl dated june 28th last year.

Should I modify ipa-pki-proxy.conf as well on the CRL generator host
to point to the /ca/ee/ca/getCRL?op=getCRL&crlIssuingPoint=MasterCRL
as well?

--
Groeten,
natxo