[Freeipa-users] strange error from EL 7 install?

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 04:48:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 09:52:40AM -0700, Janelle wrote:
> After further investigation - it looks like the PKI base was altered/updated
> because even on a running server a yum update produces same error:
>
> # yum check-update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, product-id, subscription-manager, versionlock
>  * base: linux.mirrors.es.net
>  * extras: mirrors.usinternet.com
>  * updates: centos.host-engine.com
>
> pki-base.noarch 10.2.0-3.el7.centos                              freeipa
> pki-ca.noarch 10.2.0-3.el7.centos                              freeipa
> pki-server.noarch 10.2.0-3.el7.centos                              freeipa
> pki-tools.x86_64 10.2.0-3.el7.centos                              freeipa
> slapi-nis.x86_64 0.54-1.el7.centos                                freeipa
>
> and: if you select yes:
>
> ---> Package pki-base.noarch 0:10.2.0-3.el7.centos will be an update
> --> Processing Dependency: jackson-jaxrs-json-provider for package:
> pki-base-10.2.0-3.el7.centos.noarch
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: pki-base-10.2.0-3.el7.centos.noarch (freeipa)
>            Requires: jackson-jaxrs-json-provider
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

Hi Janelle,

Looks like the COPR moved from Dogtag 10.1 to 10.2 on 8 Oct, and
10.2 declares a dependency on Jackson which is not in EPEL.  The
dependency causing the probelm (jackson-jaxrs-json-provider) was
introduced at commit 32d71bb.  I'm not sure on the right approach to
fixing this but I've copied pki-devel who will be able to help.

Fraser