[Freeipa-users] Migration fails with custom objectClasses

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 12:14:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

maybe there is a case problem, if I try the following command, note some
capital letters:

# ipa config-mod --userobjectclasses=ipaObject
--userobjectclasses=ine*tO*rgperson --userobjectclasses=person
--userobjectclasses=posixaccount --userobjectclasses=inetuser
--userobjectclasses=organizational*P*erson
--userobjectclasses=krbticketpolicyaux --userobjectclasses=krbprincipalaux
ipa: ERROR: Type or value exists:
it fails, doing the same with all lowercase succeeds:

# ipa config-mod --userobjectclasses=ipaobject
--userobjectclasses=inetorgperson --userobjectclasses=person
--userobjectclasses=posixaccount --userobjectclasses=inetuser
--userobjectclasses=organizationalperson
--userobjectclasses=krbticketpolicyaux --userobjectclasses=krbprincipalaux
   Default user objectclasses: ipaobject, person, inetorgperson,
organizationalperson, krbticketpolicyaux, krbprincipalaux, inetuser,
posixaccount

You posted your default oc earlier to be:
Default user objectclasses: top, person, organizationalperson,
inetorgperson, inetuser, posixaccount, krbprincipalaux, krbticketpolicyaux,
                               ipaobject, ipasshuser, radiusProfile,
customPersonAttributes, sambaSamAccount

and in the migration code we have code like:
entry_attrs['objectclass'] = list(
                     set(
                         config.get(
                             ldap_obj.object_class_config,
ldap_obj.object_class
                         ) + [o.lower() for o in entry_attrs['objectclass']]
                     )
                 )

so i assume it will try to add an entry with
objectclass: customPersonAttributes
objectclass: custompersonattributes

I don't know how to get ipa to log this, but you could do:

tcpdump 'tcp port 389' -i any -w migrat.pcap

and then run migrate-ds to verify