[Freeipa-users] No result when trying to integrate a FreeBSD client with the FreeIPA server

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sun Oct 19 12:08:43 UTC 2014

On 10/18/2014 11:45 PM, Orkhan Gasimov wrote:

> 1. About enumerate with comments on the same line - it doesn't cause
> any problems on my FreeBSD 10 64-bit. Enumerate causes problems on my
> FreeBSD 10 32-bit - that could be because of a comment on the same
> line & I could check it, but if it's not recommended to have enumerate
> at all, then I'll leave it.

Just FYI, comments on the same line are treated as part of value i.e.
not interpreted as comments.
I do not know how the value is treated by SSSD in the case of boolean.
It might try to parse it and come to conclusion that it is true or false
but I do not know which conclusion it actually comes to.
BTW for those who are familiar with the internals and some other threads
- using ding-libs interpretation functions would have caught that. One
more argument to switch to ding-libs checking (when it is ready).

As for enumeration - it is not needed in 90% of cases so we recommend
not to configure it.

> 2. About my pam.d files - please read carefully my previous posts. I
> commented out the line in pam.d -> system and added it explicitly to
> pam.d -> login because otherwise I get locked out from the machine. I
> sent you the WORKING configuration and not the one which was
> recommended at FreeBSD posts (and also by you). And yes, in pam.d ->
> system there's no "ignore bla bla bla part" because in that file the
> line "account  required  /usr/local/lib/pam_sss.so <http://sss.so>"
> just doesn't work, with or without that part. That's what I was
> talking about in my reply to the post at FreeBSD forums and that's why
> I considered unimportant readding that "ignore ..." part in the
> commented "account ..." line when sending pam.d files to you.
>
> 3. I like your idea of checking everything on a blank FreeaBSD 10
> setup - that way you will really determine whether the problem is
> between the chair and the keyboard or not.

Yeah we should develop tools in this area. +1.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio