[Freeipa-users] No result when trying to integrate a FreeBSD client with the FreeIPA server

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 13:23:56 UTC 2014

On (22/10/14 17:10), Fraser Tweedale wrote:
>Further to my earlier email, I have written a blog post about all
>these matters, with a particular focus on the custom package repo.
>
>I will update it tomorrow with a bit more about the package
>"flavours" topic.  For now, all the details for enabling and using
>the custom repo are in the post.  Check it out and let me know if
>you spot any issues.
>
>    http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/10/configuring-freebsd-as-a-freeipa-client/

The disadvantage of this approach is that users need to rely on updating
of non standard repo. https://frase.id.au/pkg/${ABI}_FreeIPA

In my opinion, it's better to write howto (script) which will configure all
necessary ports/files and portmaster will take care of updating ports.
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html#portmaster

LS