[Freeipa-users] A crazy idea maybe, migration to Free-IPA 4.1.

Orkhan Gasimov orkhan-azeri at mail.ru
Thu Oct 23 13:30:29 UTC 2014

And another interesting behaviour.

Say a user "netuser" is a member of a user group "netstaff",
and a host "bsd.example.com" is a member of a host group "nethosts".
We then create an HBAC rule "netstaff_to_nethosts":

Who: User Groups -> netstaff -- Accessing: Host Groups -> nethosts --
Via Service: Specified Services and Groups -> sshd

And we create a SUDO rule "test":

Who: Specified Users and Groups -> netuser -- Access this host:
bsd.example.com -- Run Commands: Any Command

Expected result is this: user "netuser" should be able to SSH to host
"bsd.example.com" and successfully issue the command "sudo shutdown -r now".

What happens instead: user "netuser" is able to SSH to host
"bsd.example.com", but issuing the command "sudo shutdown -r now"
produces this output (password is entered correctly):

$ shutdown -r now
Password:
Ying Tong Iddle I Po
Password:
Do you think like you type?
Password:
Have you considered trying to match wits with a rutabaga?

This is funny, and you can continue trying sudo and getting funny
outputs; but the only way for the command to work properly is to change
the HBAC rule:

Who: User Groups -> netstaff -- Accessing: Host Groups -> nethosts --
Via Service: Specified Services and Groups -> ANY SERVICE

Is this the correct behavior? I don't remember anything like this in
FreeIPA 3.3.