[Freeipa-users] No result when trying to integrate a FreeBSD client with the FreeIPA server

Fraser Tweedale ftweedal at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 00:42:03 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 09:58:33AM +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> On (23/10/14 11:27), Outback Dingo wrote:
> >On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Fraser Tweedale <ftweedal at redhat.com>
> >wrote:

> >> http://blog-ftweedal.rhcloud.com/2014/10/configuring-freebsd-as-a-freeipa-client/

> >> all

> >> Each has its advantages and disadvantages; people can choose what
> >> works for them.  Hopefully - not too far in the future - people
> >> won't have to choose, when binary package "flavours" are
> >> implemented.  When that happens, a small effort will be needed to
> >> define the FreeIPA flavour and ensure it gets included in the
> >> official package repos.
> >>
> Fraser you missed one main point of this thread. The most problematic was
> to *configure* all files and not install sssd. I don't want to say that
> installing is super easy, but configuration is much more complicated.

I haven't missed that point at all.  In the post I am up front about
the difficulty and room for error in configuring all the services,
and in the conclusion I talk about the scope for further work with a
port of ipa-client-install.

I will clarify the post to try and make it clearer that it focuses
on the installation aspect of the setup and leaves other aspects for
another day.

Thanks for your feedback,

Fraser