[Freeipa-users] dns stops working after upgrade

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 14:40:34 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I'm running freeipa 3.3.0 on fedora 20 x86_65 and it is set up as my main
dns server.

I've tried the upgrade to 4.1 using the copr repositorie.

I performed the following steps:

1 apply latest fedora updates
2 shutdown system
3 create a snapshot from the freeipa vm as a backup (which is why I'm back
at 3.3)
4 added the copr repo to my repositories
5 issue 'yum update' and grab a coffee
6 see the update complete and start to check if everything still works.
all authentication seems to work fine, however all my local dns enties no
longer work.
all internet dns queries work fine, just not my own entries.
they are all still there.

so I shutdown my freeipa vm and reverted the snapshot, everything is back
up and running again with 3.3.0

I've digged through my logs but see no errors whatsoever.

Did I miss something that needs to be done when doing an upgrade ?

Rob