[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 4.0.4 now in Debian unstable!

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 26 18:29:09 UTC 2014

	Hi!

  Sooo.. as a followup to last weeks announcement about Dogtag 10.2
getting in Debian, today marks the day that FreeIPA finally made it to
the distro! And unless release critical bugs are found it'll migrate to
the testing branch after spending 10 days on unstable, just in time
before the freeze of the next release.

The past week was spent on fixing the remaining issues around client &
server install. Thanks to everyone on #freeipa-devel that helped me on
times of despair :)

It'll take some time to wrap the distro patches into something that
upstream could accept with a straight face.. In the meantime, feel free
to kick the tires by installing 'freeipa-server' or 'freeipa-client' and
report bugs if you find any!

The packages will also get in the next Ubuntu release, and I'll backport
them to 14.04 later this year.

ps. special thanks to Benjamin Drung who joined the ranks of
pkg-freeipa-devel earlier this year, reviewed all the new packages with
attention to detail, sponsored them for me before I got upload rights,
and most importantly stuck around all this time :)