[Freeipa-users] Question About Properly Configuring DNS

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 08:56:21 UTC 2014

On 27.10.2014 19:15, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:50:13 +0000
> "Trevor T Kates (Services - 6)" <trevor.t.kates at dom.com> wrote:

Please keep in mind that bind-dyndb-ldap just reads data from LDAP so
naturally changes done in LDAP are not visible in DNS if directory server is
not working properly.

Default LDAP search timeout used by bind-dyndb-ldap is 60 seconds which is *a
lot*, i.e. it should not happen at all.

I would recommend you to dig in directory server logs /var/log/dirsrv/ to see
if there is a problem before you open a bind-dyndb-ldap bug - I would point
you to DS logs anyway :-)

Do you see high CPU/memory utilization or something like that? Does the LDAP
server respond to normal LDAP query when you see messages like "LDAP query
timeout"?

Which version of bind-dyndb-ldap and 389-ds-base do you use?

--
Petr^2 Spacek