[Freeipa-users] strange error from EL 7 install?

Christoph Maser Christoph.Maser at globalways.net
Fri Oct 31 15:44:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:08:55PM -0700, Janelle wrote:
> Actually, I did find a fix and forgot to post.
>
> I was able to mirror the COPR repo, and after reviewing it, found that
> simply removing the pki-base...fc21 directory, and regenning the repo data
> with createrepo, fixed the problem. It drops the version of PKI back to the
> 10.1 branch and that resolved the dependencies.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Janelle

You don't need to mirror the repo for that simply using
yum-plugin-versionlock would be sufficient, unfortunatly now that
solution does not work any more since the freeipa-server package
depends on "pki-ca >= 10.2.0-3" wich in turn depends on the 10.2.x
pki-server and pki-base packages.

I checked out what it would take to backport
jackson-jaxrs-json-provider to CentOS 7 and this is quite a task. The
fedora 21 packages build up a dependency chain wich
includes aspectjweaver, eclipselink, springframework and some more stuff

Does mkosek offer a repo with older builds wich are considered working?

Chris