[Freeipa-users] Cert Renewal

Ott, Dennis Dennis.Ott at mckesson.com
Wed Sep 3 21:28:23 UTC 2014

The output of getcert list-cas from the replica is below. It contains both the 'renew' and the 'retrieve' items.

As previously stated, the services are not running on the replica. I have been nervous about starting them; not wanting to impact the functional master. But, it is sounding like starting them up is all I really need to do to fix things.

Would I need to set the date back on both systems? Will the certs renew more-or-less immediately, or will there be some lag after starting up the replica ipa service?

CA 'SelfSign':
        is-default: no
        ca-type: INTERNAL:SELF
        next-serial-number: 01
CA 'IPA':
        is-default: no
        ca-type: EXTERNAL
        helper-location: /usr/libexec/certmonger/ipa-submit
CA 'certmaster':
        is-default: no
        ca-type: EXTERNAL
        helper-location: /usr/libexec/certmonger/certmaster-submit
CA 'dogtag-ipa-renew-agent':
        is-default: no
        ca-type: EXTERNAL
        helper-location: /usr/libexec/certmonger/dogtag-ipa-renew-agent-submit
CA 'dogtag-ipa-retrieve-agent-submit':
        is-default: no
        ca-type: EXTERNAL
        helper-location: /usr/libexec/certmonger/dogtag-ipa-retrieve-agent-submit