[Freeipa-users] Filters in bind-dyndb-ldap

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 13:22:15 UTC 2014

On 4.9.2014 14:28, Martin Kosek wrote:
> Actually, FreeIPA&bind-dynd-ldap use idnszoneactive attribute (TRUE/FALSE) to
> define which zones are active and which are not.

Martin is right, I will add couple more details about this:
idnszoneactive attribute should work in bind-dyndb-ldap < 4.0.

Versions >= 4.0 do not support it yet. This defficiency is tracked in
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/127

You have couple options as a workaround:
1) Use older version of bind-dyndb-ldap :-)

2) Use LDAP transformation on server side so the server doesn't return objects
from sub-tree with idnszoneactive attribute = FALSE.

3) Try some ACI magic on server side so it will not return objects from given
sub-tree if idnszoneactive = FALSE. (This seems to be easiest option to me.)

Have a nice day!

Petr^2 Spacek