[Freeipa-users] Replication stopped working

Guillermo Fuentes guillermo.fuentes at modernizingmedicine.com
Fri Sep 5 22:28:31 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

That's a good question! We're not sure what was the root cause of the
replication errors.

When we realized the replication wasn't happening, we had recently
updated FreeIPA from 3.0.0-36 to 3.0.0-37 (on CentOS 6.5) and we had
shutdown m1 and m2 in order to do a snapshot of the VMs. We've been
doing that for several months and never had a problem. Note that m3
wasn't shutdown and the replication stopped for it as well.

The configuration wasn't change so I don't think it was a
configuration problem. I did have to get a new ldap service keytab for
the m2 replica (/etc/dirsrv/ds.keytab) but not for m3.

I'll do more research on what happened and report back if I find
anything relevant.

Thanks again,
Guillermo