[Freeipa-users] ACI for ipa-getkeytab

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 14:59:57 UTC 2014

James James wrote:
> My user : realm-proxy is in a group (Smart Proxy Host Management) which
> has the Manager host  keytab permission :
>
>   Permission name: Manage host keytab
>   Permissions: write
>   Attributes: krbprincipalkey, krblastpwdchange
>   Type: host
>   Granted to Privilege: Host Administrators, Host Enrollment, Smart
> Proxy Host Management
>

> When I try to retreive a keytab from another host when my principal is
> the realm-proxy :
>

> [root at client1 ~]#  kinit realm-proxy at EXAMPLE.COM
> <mailto:realm-proxy at EXAMPLE.COM> -k -t /tmp/freeipa.keytab
>
> [root at client1 ~]# klist
>
> Ticket cache: KEYRING:persistent:0:0
> Default principal: realm-proxy at EXAMPLE.COM <mailto:realm-proxy at EXAMPLE.COM>
>
> Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
> 09/09/2014 14:35:50  09/10/2014 14:35:50  krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM at EXAMPLE.COM
> <mailto:EXAMPLE.COM at EXAMPLE.COM>
>
> [root at client1 ~]# ipa-getkeytab  --server=ipa.example.com
> <http://ipa.example.com> --principal=host/client1.example.com
> <http://client1.example.com> --keytab=/etc/krb5.keytab
> Operation failed! Insufficient access rights
>

> I can't retrieve the key ..

I'd need to see the smart-proxy user, show --all --raw would be best.

I just tested this on a RHEL-6 instance I had handy and it worked fine:

# ipa user-add --first=test --last=user tuser1 --password
# ipa role-add 'host keytab' --desc 'manage host keytabs'
# ipa privilege-add 'manage host keytab' --desc 'manage host keytabs'
# ipa privilege-add-permission 'manage host keytab'
--permissions='manage host keytab'
# ipa role-add-privilege 'host keytab' --privileges='manage host keytab'
# ipa role-add-member --users=tuser1 'host keytab'
# kinit tuser1
# ipa-getkeytab -s `hostname` -k /tmp/test.keytab -p host/test.example.com
Keytab successfully retrieved and stored in: /tmp/test.keytab

rob