[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA Web UI error: Service Unavailable

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 11:18:43 UTC 2014

Hello Tevfik,

comments inline

On 11.9.2014 12:24, Tevfik Ceydeliler wrote:

> Hi all,
> I tried to do single sign on for FreeIPa Web UI according to "4.3.3.
> Configuring the Browser"
> I did browser side and then turn back to server side. And run those
> command:
>
> # scp /etc/krb5.conf root at externalmachine.example.com:/etc/krb5_ipa.conf
> and

I assume that you want to configure the machine without enrolling it as
FreeIPA client. If not, I would suggest you enrolling it as a client
using ipa-client-install. Then you don't have to do anything else except
browser config.

Why /etc/krb5_ipa.conf ?, it should be /etc/krb5.conf

> vim /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf
>
> and change this:
>
> KrbMethodK5Passwd off  --> to --> KrbMethodK5Passwd on

FreeIPA's Web UI support forms-based auth so this is not usually needed.

> and restart httpd.
>
> Then nothing change. And then I rollback vim /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf
>
> Now when I try to open Web UI I get An popup error:
> "Service Unavailable"

run:

     ipactl status
or
     systemctl status httpd.service

or inspect

    /var/log/httpd/error_log

to find out if web server is running - might not be the case because of
invalid modifications in /etc/httpd/conf.d/ipa.conf , reason should be
in the log

--
Petr Vobornik