[Freeipa-users] json api docs

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Fri Sep 12 13:36:28 UTC 2014

On 09/12/2014 02:47 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 09/11/2014 02:06 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 09/10/2014 07:10 PM, Tamas Papp wrote:
>>> hi All,
>>>
>>> Is there an offficial API documentation available?
>>
>> Unfortunately not much. You can search archives and find some
>> recommendations
>> that helped people in the past.
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2013-January/msg00109.html
>>
>> We also have a ticket
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3129
>
> We also have a ticket
> targeted on FreeIPA 4.1 to see the actual JSON queries that "ipa"
> command sends. It would make it easier to see how we use the API.

Actually what is the recommended way to use ipa as a simple ldap backend
for a service without kerberos?
In fact the service does not need kerberos and things like that, but I
like the helper tools of ipa, like ipa command, web UI, easy replication
etc.

Can I make trouble by writing the directory directly though ldap
(add/delete/modify users + groups).

10x
tamas