[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA ActiveDirectory Integration, Fedora and Windows 2008 R2 AD: "ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred"

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 21:07:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Traiano Welcome wrote:
>Hi List
>

>I'm following the guide at
>http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/IPAv3_AD_trust_setup#Assumptions , this
>time with Fedora 20.1.
>

>Everything proceeds smoothly until I try to establish trust with the AD
>domain controller, at which point IPA crashes:
>
>---
>[root at idm001 ~]# ipa trust-add --type=ad mhatest.local --admin
>Administrator --password
>Active directory domain administrator's password:
>ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred
>[root at idm001 ~]#
>---
>
>I've attached the exact, step by step process I used to arrive at this
>point. Attached also are the debug logs (as per the debugging guidelines).
Looks like you have connectivity problems (or firewall?):
finddcs: Found matching DC 172.16.107.109 with server_type=0x000031fd
[Fri Sep 12 23:30:00.471404 2014] [:error] [pid 3876] ipa: ERROR: LDAP
error when connecting to KWTTSTADDC002: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP
server"}

Anyway, please file a bug for Fedora and attach the logs there, we'll
try to improve error messaging here.

>Many thanks in advance for any insight I could use to understand and fix
>this issue! I am also moving on to re/testing the same process on
>CentOS 7, CentOS 6.5 to rule out the possibility of subtle variations in
>package version bugs (or basically net any that might exist :-p)
Yep.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy