[Freeipa-users] apache kerberized nfs4 /var/www/html access denied for apache user

Nordgren, Bryce L -FS bnordgren at fs.fed.us
Tue Sep 16 18:57:15 UTC 2014

> Also opened https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4544

Tried to summarize this thread on that ticket.

Back to the OP's concern, whenever I use NFS as a documentroot for apache (even a WebDAV server), I make a separate mountpoint, fall back to sec=sys, set "all-squash", and specify the webserver's IP. It's not like individual user accounts need a presence on the filesystem. Do you need encryption for your application or is apache just going to spray the content out across the commodity internet via un-encrypted http?

Bryce