[Freeipa-users] Client Certificate

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 16:21:49 UTC 2014

Walid A. Shaari wrote:
> Great Rob, would that be still doable with RHEL5 and RHEL6 ipa 2, and 3
> clients?

Sure, the cert isn't used anyway but it isn't optional to have
certmonger try to get one.

If you really care you can run a command to tell certmonger to stop
tracking the cert though:

# ipa-getcert stop-tracking -d /etc/pki/nssdb -n 'IPA Machine
Certificate - client.example.com'

That doesn't remove the certificate from the database. If you want to do
that do:

# certutil -D -d /etc/pki/nssdb/ -n 'IPA Machine Certificate -
client.example.com'

And you might to revoke the cert. To do that you'd use ipa cert-revoke
<serial number>. You need pretty high privileges to do that though
(admin has them).

rob