[Freeipa-users] Client Certificate

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 20:14:54 UTC 2014

On 09/19/2014 04:03 PM, Walid wrote:
> Thank you all, will investigate the requirements of host keytabs, and
> if there is a way around it by having it shared but secure for our
> context.

Couple hints.

1. If you have a keytab stashed and the system was rebuilt you can now
rerun ipa-client-install using this keytab to get a new one and
configure the client system. It can run and then die but if you store
the keytab after running ipa-client-install you would be able to revive
it next time
2. In 4.1 you will be able to retrieve same keytab using ipa-getkeytab
command. It is implemented to allow clusters that have to share the same
key but it might be applicable to your use case too.

Thanks
Dmitri