[Freeipa-users] PKI-CA fails to start (broken config after update?)

swartz netvent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 19:39:37 UTC 2014

On 9/22/2014 9:14 AM, Ade Lee wrote:
> Another question - what is the output of ls -l /etc/pki-ca/CS.cfg ?
 >ls -l /etc/pki-ca/CS.cfg
-rw-r-----. 1 pkiuser pkiuser 49196 Sep 19 11:29 /etc/pki-ca/CS.cfg

I know that I did NOT change the configs myself. But something certainly
did during 'yum update'.
There are no .rpmsave or .rpmnew files that would typically be created
if configs are properly marked in RPM spec file.

There are two other files that exist though:
-rw-r-----. 1 pkiuser pkiuser 65869 Sep 19 11:30 CS.cfg.in.p21
-rw-rw----. 1 pkiuser pkiuser 65955 Sep  5  2013 CS.cfg.in.p33

However, they are not usable either in place of current CS.cfg.

>> There have been no updates recently on rhel 6 to the pki packages.
>> There has, however, been an update to tomcat - which broke dogtag
>> startups.
>>
>> What version of tomcat6 is on your system?
 >rpm -qa tomcat6
tomcat6-6.0.24-78.el6_5.noarch