[Freeipa-users] PKI-CA fails to start (broken config after update?)

swartz netvent at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:07:40 UTC 2014

On 9/24/2014 9:05 AM, Ade Lee wrote:
> Forwarding to a couple of colleagues of mine who will be taking point on
> this.
>
>  From what I can see, the CS.cfg is truncated.  Fortunately, I believe it
> is reparable.
>
> Ade

I've been in contact with Endi and Ade. It was a truncated config file
as per msg above.
Endi had emailed me a restored config.

I can happily say that my IPA instance is back in operation.

Thank you all.

For anyone else reading this:
For me this config truncation happened after a 'yum update'.
Perhaps shutting down the IPA stack before doing package updates might
be more advisable.